“In this house, we believe…”
Spruce up your apocalypse bunker, irradiated mutant cavern, or wasteland fortress sniper tower with this beautiful reminder to live, laugh and love!
Available as a 24″ x 36″ poster (and several other sizes) at Teespring.
Updated 2021 with an improved version (V2) with some alignment tweaks and an improved colour scheme,
WHAT IS THIS?
From Wikipedia: Long-time nuclear waste warning messages are intended to deter human intrusion at nuclear waste repositories in the far future, within or above the order of magnitude of 10,000 years. They aimed to communicate a series of messages non-linguistically to future visitors to a waste site.
- This place is a message, and part of a system of messages. Pay attention to it!
- Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.
- This place is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here.
- What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.
- The danger is in a particular location. It increases towards a center. The center of danger is here, of a particular size and shape, and below us.
- The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.
- The danger is to the body, and it can kill.
- The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
- The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.